Saturday, December 6, 2014

                         The Adjourning Phase 
Temika McCann
Blog 6165
Week 6

I feel as student and educator that adjourning phases of a team is very key and help a group come together on one accord to make sure everything is in place for closure of a significant project (Adubi, 2010).  I truly believe that every group that we had every engage in has an adjourning phase The Phase can be view in various way and have different perceptive. I feel that some group we might be on might have feelings when it is time to say good bye while others may careless and just do not have anything to say to the group as it in. I remember working in a group and I really like all the peers, but how I felt about them they did not feel that way about me as the group ended.  I was in that group for about 10 weeks.  We did have a have a nice party and we all sat around and talk about how we enjoy the class. I still stay in touch with one of my classmate we talk on the phone from time to time by the way; I spoke with her on yesterday. We are planning to have lunch with each other soon.
At the end of this class who, I will miss dearly and Dr.Parrish who have being a great support to all of us here at Walden University, I pray that I can stay in contact with all of you and I would like to know how can I stay in contact with you guys maybe we can email each other from time to time does anyone know there graduation date that may be a good idea so if we do graduate at the same time we will have a chance to meet each other. After learning about adjourning I have discover that is the key of bringing positive closure and to help close any gapes that is open.
            Reference
Abudi, G. (2010). The five stages of team development: A case study. Retrieved fromhttp://www.projectsmart.co.uk/the-five-stages-of-team-development-a-case-study.html

3 comments:

  1. Temika,

    This phase is different in each group, I believe the adjourning phase depends on the groups success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Temika,
    It is so nice to hear that you still keep in touch with your peer and often from time to time meet with one another. I believe that we make acquaintances when we are open to one another. You had mentioned that the group did not feel the same way about you when it ended, i hope nothing too serious happened and sometimes people have different preferences. I think you make a great role in a group!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Temika,
    I enjoyed reading your post.I think this phase helps bring closure to the group.It is important that when we develop relationships we are able to continue them.

    ReplyDelete