Monday, December 15, 2014

Temika McCann
Week 8 blog 6165
12 - 20 - 14
Reflecting on Communication in the Early Childhood Field
The last past eight weeks has been a pleasant experience in learning new skills, different ideas , strategies  materials and how to effective communicate and collaborate with others. I myself learned from my entire classmate and bonded with this wonderful group and professor who I hate to leave this class, I have learned so much how to work together effectively and have effective communication with co – workers and families. The most amazing thing personally was to learn about my own communication style and the effect that it had on others was astonished. I like the simple fact now that I know my communication style as an educator and parent I can now make sure that I use different strategies to help me improve my communication skills when working with children and their families. As I stated above these last past  8 week have being very interesting and I never would had known how  to effectively communication with others. I am planning to continue to read all my resources and book to help me to improve and help others improve in his/her communication skills through modeling what I have learned in this particular class especially watching those educate video help me to have a better clarity of communication styles and I learned that we all communicate differently.

As an educator and student I would like to take this time to thank my wonderful professor who had being very encouraging, positive and direct with me to continue on my journey in the field of early childhood. I would like to thank this awesome class who had being very supportive as well and very genuine with their positive feedback they share over these lasted 8 weeks.  I have learned so much insight from my peers on how to better communicate effectively with others and how to handle conflict in a most effective way. All this information I learned in this class and from my peers will help me because I am planning to open up my own child care soon. This information will be a great benefit to me and my staff, children and their family.
I want to thank all my classmates and Dr. Parrish who has supports all of us in every way she knew how to make this journey for all of us successful. I want to wish everyone the best as we go our separate ways and continue to keep your head up because the best is yet to come for all of us and that is completing these last couple of classes to get our Master Degree. As we take our specialization course I am looking forward to learn just as much as I learned from my core course. I would like to stay in contact with all of you and especially the people who are in the Administration, Management & Leadership program please live your name and information  and you can always reach me at Walden email temika.mcaann@waldenu.edu.
Have a bless Christmas and a happy new year!

Temika McCann

5 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I am glad that the past 8 weeks have helped you in such a great way. I believe one of the most interesting and life long lessons i have learned in this class is conflict resolution and how to effectively work together with respect and empathy. Dr. Parrish has helped us a lot through this course and we owe her much thanks for all the support and time she has given us and a huge thanks for teaching us how to support and encourage one another! Wish you a successful journey and happy holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Temika,
    Thank you for sharing so much with the class. I may not have responded each week to your blog, but I did always take time to read it. I appreciated your insights and knowledge. Best wishes on opening your own child care!! You have a huge heart and patience so you will accomplish your goals. I plan to continue working for the Department of Defense and their early childhood programs. Keep in touch and have a great holiday. Enjoy your break!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Temika,

    Thanks so much for all you encouraging words. I wish you much success along your journey as well. I believe this is one of the best courses I have taken so far, not only did I learn the tools to effectively communicate I built some awesome relationships. Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Temika -
    I appreciate you sharing all of your experiences with us through this journey. I have always told the centers I work with that I have never left a center that I didn't learn something and I feel the same way about each and every class I have taken. You have given things to think about and new ways to view certain situations that I now can share with others and for this I say...Thank You! I wish you continued success and hope to see you again in another course or at least at graduation!
    Gena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Temika,
    Thank you for sharing all that you learned on this journey.I have also learned so much about myself and I believe that we have all grown as educators and people.I wish you the best as you continue!!! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete