Friday, November 21, 2014


                                                     Communication Skills

The blog for this  assignment  this week was  very interested, I asked my mother and best friend to evaluate my verbal aggressiveness, and listening styles and skills during communication. The evaluations I conduct about my own self and how my mother and best friend I was surprise the feedback I got. I thought I was doing fine with my communication skills, but after the evaluation I saw that I do need to improve something. I feel that the way others observe us is also imperative than what we want to see for what we think it should be. I amazed of how my mother perceive me as her daughter has been easy going. I was shock with my best friend respond she said sometime I can come off to aggressive.

I feel my mother look at me from a mother perspective and she problem was basing her answer as what she see me doing on a day to day. I was amaze of the outcome of how both perceive me. I feel that  I can be perceive to be a little different when working with children and families and my true personality  of how  I am assuming this is so because, I am more comfortable with my family and they may see my real personality. I think if my friends from school would have done this assignment they would see me different from how my best friend is doing. After talking to my best friend she said to me that she noticed that my communication skills and tone down my voice need to decreases when I am communicating with other. I noticed that they both had a different way to perceive me. I think because one was from my mom point of view and one is from my best friend.   


After the evaluation from my mom and my best friends, I was shock how they both observe me and how I observe myself. I thought the relationship we had; I thought that my best friend would have look at me from a different point of view. This assignment was very informative and I gained so much about how I can improve my relationships with others in a more mutual and respectful way. I am now able to work on and correct the way I communicate with others for now on.

Temika McCann
6165

3 comments:

  1. Hi Temika -
    I was also amazed at the difference my husband felt I communicated aggressively and how I thought I communicated in this manner. When I asked about why he thought his assessment of my aggressive communication was a little higher than mine, he said it was because a lot of times when I am communicating about my work, he thinks I probably explain more aggressively than it really was. Made me really think about how I might retell some things to others.
    Do you think that your mother perceives you a little calmer than your friend because of how we act when we are around different groups of people?
    Enjoyed your post!
    Gena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Temika!

    Moms can be very understanding and they know their children and depending on how we often response to certain situations our parents may speak in a way that will offend us. As far as our friends they speak the truth and we tend to respond differently when we are interacting with our friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was very interesting to hear what people think about you.It can also be very helpful to hear how people view you and how you communicate.

    ReplyDelete