Friday, October 31, 2014

Temika McCann

Blog wk 1  
                                                   EDUC 6165 - Effective Communication

I have had the honor of listening to my uncle who is a Legend in his own rights as a ministry and have travel around the world.  My uncle has impact many lives and still is doing so currently. He has supported me and encourages me in my walk with the Lord this is an awesome man of god. He has a unique way to convey his message. He has an awesome way of inspiring his congregation. What I like about my uncle before he speaks he has a great sense of humor to grasp his congregation attention. One thing I admire about my uncle is when he is communicating with his congregation he have very good eye contact regardless of how small the crow is and how large. When my uncle prepared for his message he uses a note pad to keep him on track as he minister to his congregation. I noticed when my uncle speak he have a very strong firm voice to get the attention of anyone who is present in his congregation. I also was able to witness and feel his love and sincerity that he had for the people in his congregation. I also notice when my uncle was preaching he had such a joy on his face that it manifested through him as he was preaching.

I would love to be able to travel around the world to impact lives like my uncle did. My uncle spoke at many churches throughout his life. When my uncle is ministering the word of God he has the ability to keep the people in his congregation focus and keep their attention in a unique way. His patience and kindness helps him be a great effective communicator and influence. In his message you can tell he preach and walk in what he believes in the way he convey his message and he love sharing his message with visitors and friends. I love how to learn from my uncle an how to be an effective communicator when I am ministering to others. I feel this will be very rewarding as I continue my journey.

3 comments:

  1. Temika,
    I am glad you talked about a man of God, effectively communicating and spreading the word is critical to believers. Inspiring others through effective communication is an awesome task; I’m sure your uncle’s congregation is truly blessed to have him minister the word to them. Ministry is a powerful way to communicate, I like the way your uncle uses humor as an attention getter or an old icebreaker. Laughter is good for the soul. Maintaining eye contact when communicating is a skill that many people have trouble mastering, I appreciate it when people look at me when we are talking. The joy on your uncle’s face is his way of communicating non verbally how pleased he is with sharing the word to his congregation. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Temika,
    Great post! It was nice to read how your uncle inspires you throughout your journey. I think that, like your uncle, if a teacher teaches and engages with the children with enthusiasm and joy on her face then the children will have a much more optimistic way of learning. Sometimes we get the usual grumpy faced teachers who don’t even look like they want to be there and if we are lucky we get the happy positive teachers who engage us in multiple different activities… those are the types of teachers who will be remembered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your post!!Thank you for sharing your relationship with your uncle.

    ReplyDelete